Two homes, vehicles destroyed in massive fire caused by space heater
LIVINGSTON PARISH - A massive fire caused by an unattended space heater destroyed two homes and two vehicles early Sunday morning.
Livingston Parish Fire Protection District 2 worked with Albany and Colyell firefighters to extinguish the blaze around 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
Fire officials say an unattended space heater in one of the homes originally sparked the fire.
The second home, only 13 feet away from the source, caught fire shortly after. Smoke alarms then alerted the occupants, the fire district reported.
All occupants were outside of the homes when fire crews arrived, and no injuries were reported.
The Red Cross was contacted to help the residents of both homes, according to fire officials.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Two hurt in apparent Black Friday gun battle between two vehicles on...
Cruise passenger rescued by helicopter after going overboard off Louisiana coast
Denham Springs decks Old City Hall for the holidays
Bystanders ran for cover during gunfight at Tiger Truck Stop
Shooting at Tiger Truck Stop
Southeastern hosting Idaho in first round of FCS Playoffs Saturday
Fans' Choice Award Winner: U-High's Keylan Moses
Southeastern running back Derrick Graham has a deep passion for rodeo
Southeastern to face Idaho in first round of FCS Playoffs
The Black and Gold Report: New Orleans Saints vs Los Angeles Rams