Tommy's Fish House: Seared Tuna
BATON ROUGE - Our 2une In Chef of the Month for February is Tommy's Fish House in Prairieville. Kenny Carr joined us in the kitchen this morning with a recipe that's perfect for the start of Lent: Seared Tuna.
1) Put about 3 tbsp. of butter in your pan.
2) Dust each side of the tuna.
3) Cook for about 2.5 minutes on each side then remove from heat.
4) Put 2 tbsp. of butter and 3 oz. of crawfish in a separate pan.
5) Saute then add green onions & pinch of chicken base.
6) Let sit for about 45 seconds.
7) Add heavy cream and let reduce.
8) In another pan, add water, butter, salt pepper and broccoli.
9) Let broccoli steam.
10) Remove sauce from heat.
11) Place two pieces of tuna on a plate.
12) Spoon crawfish tails on top.
13) Drizzle the sauce around the tuna.
14) Place broccoli on the plate & serve.
Click on the related links for more recipes from Tommy's Fish House in Prairieville.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Army Corps re-studying Amite River hoping for flood relief
Study finds Baton Rouge police significantly underpaid compared to other departments
Frenchtown Road Bridge remains closed for emergency repairs
Sheriff: High school student caught in gunfire, killed overnight
Ascension teachers produce music video to hype students for LEAP testing
Tiger fans pumped for LSU's new athletic director
LSU introduces Scott Woodward as university's new athletics director
Coach O talks new AD Scott Wooodward, Joe Alleva's exit
LSU Gymnastics Prepares for NCAA Championship Final
Baton Rouge native said to replace Joe Alleva as LSU Athletics Director