Texas girl electrocuted reaching behind dryer for kittens
NEW BOSTON, Texas (AP) - Authorities in East Texas are investigating the death of a 10-year-old girl who was apparently electrocuted as she was reaching behind a clothes dryer to retrieve her kittens.
KSLA-TV in Shreveport, Louisiana, reports that the parents of Greenlee Marie said she was trying to rescue the pets Saturday at the family's home in New Boston, Texas. Authorities were back at the home on Monday investigating.
New Boston police Chief Garry McCrary told the television station that it's "too early right now to go ahead and place blame and responsibility until the investigation is over." He didn't elaborate.
The girl's body was sent to Dallas for an autopsy.
New Boston is about 20 miles from the Arkansas border and about 150 miles (240 kilometers) northeast of Dallas.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Local restaurants struggling to hire employees as business increases
COAST GUARD: Two more unresponsive crew members recovered from capsized lift boat...
Woman's missing unemployment benefits may have gone to wrong bank account
Second body recovered miles from lift boat as Coast Guard continues search...
Defense lawyers questioning BRPD drug squad cases amid corruption investigation
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job
Coach O admits to mistakes, takes steps to correct them in the...
Saints QB Jameis Winston gets emotional discussing Drew Brees