Spain says suspects all dead or under arrest
BARCELONA, Spain - The police chief for Spain's Catalonia region says the extremist cell suspected of carrying out last week's fatal van attacks has been broken now that the 12 members authorities had identified are all accounted for.
Regional police chief Josep Luis Trapero made the assessment after two of his officers shot and killed the one suspect who was thought to still be at large on Monday.
Trapero says four of the men responsible for the attacks that left 15 dead are under arrest.
He says another eight are dead themselves: five who were shot dead by police in the resort town of Cambrils and two others who were killed when a house exploded the night before the Barcelona attack.
Trapero says an imam was one of the suspects who died in the explosion.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
A 10-year-old businesswoman putting her stamp on the skin-care industry
Woman bites camel to save herself after freak encounter in Iberville Parish
Officer shot, killed in Mandeville was former Marine; leaves behind 7 children
East Baton Rouge on track to break record number of overdose deaths
FEMA issues Livingston Parish deadline for flood prevention master plan
Southern Center Jaylon Brinson excited to play in front of home town
Fans' Choice Award Winner 2019: Week 1- Isaiah Jones
Coach O Postgame after Lsu defeats Texas 45-38
Hunter Register leads Southern's offense despite loss to McNeese
Taylor Bannister's journey to becoming a LSU Volleyball Superstar