Sleeping woman rescued from burning mattress
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters rescued a woman from a fire just before 3 p.m. Thursday.
The fire department was called to a home on Arcadia, in Mayfair Park, where they found light smoke. A woman outside told firefighters she evacuated but her daughter was asleep inside.
The daughter, who the fire department identified as a lady in its press release about the situation, was asleep on a burning mattress. The unidentified woman suffered burns on her feet and smoke inhalation.
The mother also suffered from smoke inhalation. Both women were taken to the hospital.
The house was not damaged, the department said. Investigators believe a cigarette started the mattress fire.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Consumers prepare for Black Friday shopping differently this year
Christmas tree farms experience increase in business amid pandemic
Restaurants stay busy as families choose the to-go route for Thanksgiving meal
Family grateful for baby's miraculous recovery after mother died from Covid19
Firefighters demonstrate dangers of deep-frying a turkey for Thanksgiving feast
Belaire making 1st playoff appearance in 17 years Friday
Southeastern women blow out Alcorn State on opening day of college basketball...
Can Taysom Hill continue his success for the Saints?; Fantasy Focus with...
Catholic freshman Daniel Beale has been thrown into super stardom thanks to...
Can Jameis Winston lead this Saints offense?; Fantasy Focus Week 11 with...