Several state parks close ahead of Tropical Storm Cindy
BATON ROUGE - The Louisiana Office of State Parks has announced several closures as the state braces for Tropical Storm Cindy.
According to a statement from the office, the following parks will be closed in advance of Tropical Storm Cindy's landfall:
- Cypremort Point State Park, Cypremort Point
- Fairview-Riverside State Park, Madisonville
- Day-use at Fontainebleau State Park, Mandeville
- Grand Isle State Park, Grand Isle
- Tickfaw State Park, Springfield
The Office of State Parks is monitoring conditions and will inform on any other closures.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Funeral service held in Lafayette for former Gov. Kathleen Blanco
Local customers may be affected as AT&T employees go on strike
Drainage crews prepare for potential weekend downpour
Man who claimed God told him to cause deadly crash being sent...
Algae continues to take over LSU lakes, fish ordered