Second Amendment Sales Tax Holiday kicks off today
BATON ROUGE - This year's Louisiana Second Amendment Weekend Sales Tax Holiday is set to take place from Friday, Sept. 4 through Sunday, Sept. 6.
During the weekend, guns, ammunition and other hunting supplies will be exempt from state and local sales taxes. This sales tax holiday applies to individual consumer purchases of a wide range of hunting gear with eligible hunting supplies including:
- Firearms that may be legally sold or purchased in Louisiana
- Ammunition intended to be fired from a gun or firearm
- Archery supplies to be used for hunting
- Apparel such as safety gear, camouflage clothing, jackets, hats, gloves, mittens, face masks and thermal underwear manufactured and marketed as being primarily for wear or use while hunting
- Off-road vehicles such as all-terrain vehicles designed and intended primarily for hunting; the exemption does not apply to golf carts, go-carts, dirt bikes, mini-bikes, motorcycles, tractors, motor vehicles which may be legally driven on the streets and highways of Louisiana, or heavy equipment such as cranes, forklifts, backhoes and bulldozers
The Louisiana Second Amendment Weekend Sales Tax Holiday is an annual event that takes place the first consecutive Friday through Sunday every September. For more information, including the full list of eligible purchases, visit www.revenue.louisiana.gov/secondamendment.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
UPDATE: Police identify teen killed in Topeka Street shooting Friday
Livingston Parish football coach resigns amid police investigation into alleged relationship with...
Louisiana's coronavirus vaccine plans starting to take shape
Law firm plans to wrap investigation LSU's sexual misconduct policies in February
Annual charity event 'Pat's Coats for Kids' distributes 6,000 coats to area...
LSU loses its wide receiver shortly before game against Crimson Tide
Port Allen advances to 2nd round after huge win over Pine
U High has no problems with Evangel Christian in first round
Belaire making 1st playoff appearance in 17 years Friday
Southeastern women blow out Alcorn State on opening day of college basketball...