Search underway for missing boaters after collision on Mississippi River
NEW ORLEANS - A search is underway for a pair of missing people after two boats collided on the Mississippi River Monday.
According to the United States Coast guard, a towing vessel collided with another docked boat around 9:45 a.m. near Patterson Drive in Algiers. The vessel capsized with three people onboard.
One was rescued by a good Samaritan, however the Coast Guard is still searching for the remaining two.
The following agencies are involved in the search:
- Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew
- Coast Guard Station New Orleans Response Boat-Medium boat crew
- Coast Guard Cutter Barbara Mabrity
- New Orleans Harbor Police
- Plaquemines Port Authority
- St. Bernard Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Plaquemines Parish Sheriff’s Office
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Pots and Paddles: Annual Gonzales Jambalaya Festival set for this weekend
Annual Baton Rouge Rock for Spots set for June 8
Trooper injured in overnight crash on I-10 West
Assumption Parish officials preparing for Morganza opening without major flood control structure...
Evacuated in 2011, Butte La Rose looking at spillway with new attitude