Samsung says Note 7 recall to cost another $3 billion
SEOUL, South Korea - Samsung Electronics says the discontinuation of the Galaxy Note 7 would cost the company about $3 billion during the current and next quarters.
The company says the Note 7 discontinuation will cost in the mid-2 trillion won range during the October-December period and another 1 trillion won ($884 million) during the January-March quarter.
Samsung has already slashed its third-quarter profit forecast by $2.3 billion earlier this week, an amount that could wipe out its entire mobile business profit.
It added that it will make significant changes in its quality assurance processes.
Due to mysterious fires and overheating, more than 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7 smartphones were recalled twice, most of them in the United States and South Korea, before it was discontinued just two months since its launch.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One transported after overnight crash on I-10
Report: Baton Rouge native expected to replace Joe Alleva
One killed in shooting on Lewis Street, police investigating
Port Allen oil sludge facility facing lawsuits
Following WBRSO deadly crash, BRPD issues memo about drivers with suspended licenses
Baton Rouge native said to replace Joe Alleva as LSU Athletics Director
Joe Alleva out as LSU's athletics director
Sports Director Michael Cauble talks Alleva's departure
Rumors of Joe Alleva's exit from LSU swirl Wednesday
Will Wade to meet with LSU officials Friday, ending month-long stalemate