Rooftop fireworks to blame for Monday morning fire at Neighborhood Walmart
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters were called to a Walmart Neighborhood Market for a reported fire early Monday morning.
The incident happened at a store in the 5200 block of Highland Road shortly after 6 a.m. Investigators believe someone was trespassing on the roof of the building setting off fireworks. Authorities say the store did receive some interior water damage. No injuries were reported.
At this time, store employees are still assessing damage to some of the store's stock.
Anyone with information on the fire can call Baton Rouge Fire Investigators at 225-354-1419.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
After brief pause thanks to Nicholas, East Baton Rouge debris removal resumes
Kenilworth Crossing built in hazard flood zone, concerns date back to 2018
Community Fridge created in Baton Rouge to provide free groceries for people...
Clogged drainage systems possible cause of flash flooding in Baton Rouge as...
LaPlace still cleaning up devastation left by Ida