Report: LSU fraternity put on probation until 2019
BATON ROUGE - The LSU chapter of Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity won't be suspended. Instead, the chapter will be placed on probation until 2019, the student newspaper reports.
LSU began investigating the chapter last month due to an “alleged incident,” according to university officials.
The university released this statement about the investigation:
"Based on the information presented and discussed, the Upsilon Zeta chapter of LAMBDA CHI ALPHA Fraternity has been found responsible for their actions, which constituted a violation of LSU’s Code of Student Conduct, specifically hazing, endangerment and failure to comply with an existing Enhancement Plan. The University Hearing Panel wanted to hold the fraternity accountable while capitalizing on local alumni and National organization support. By providing these restrictions, it is our hope that the fraternity will focus on building internal framework to break the cycle of hazing and to move forward as a strong role model at LSU."
The stipulation of the probation are as follows:
1. Initiate all current associate members no later than October 15, 2016.
2. No recruitment of new members and no participation in IFC recruitment through August 1, 2017.
3. No sponsoring, co-sponsoring or participating in social events through August 1, 2017.
4. No intramural teams or other University-affiliated events through August 1, 2017.
5. Comply with all Enhancement Plans and/or Lambda Chi Alpha Headquarters guidelines.
6. If there is any reason to believe that Lambda Chi Alpha has violated LSU policy and/or LSU Code of Student Conduct in any way during the University Probation period, this will result in Rescission of University Registration for no less than three calendar years.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
East Iberville overcomes 14 point deficit to claim 1A State Title
LSU radio crew calls road games from home
Southeastern caps off historic weekend with sweep of Mississippi Valley
Central's Ethaniel Rizan big on size and heart
Baton Rouge CC gets huge win over Louisiana Community Christian