Report: 14-year-old Texas girl electrocuted after phone falls in bathtub
LOVINGTON – The family of a 14-year-old girl says that she was electrocuted when her cellphone, that was plugged into its charger, fell into a bathtub while she was in it.
The teen, Madison Coe, of Lubbock, Texas, died on Sunday at her father's home in Lovington, New Mexico, KTRK reports.
The teen's mother and grandmother say that Coe either plugged the cellphone charger in or grabbed her phone when it was already plugged into a bathroom outlet.
"There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone. And that was just very obvious that that's what had happened," Donna O'Guinn, Coe's grandmother, said.
The family has turned to Facebook to inform others of the dangers involving electrical appliances that are not waterproof. A memorial fund has been set up to help pay for funeral costs.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Denham Springs student-athlete, Remy Hidalgo, passes away
Southern University sponsors drive for residents of Lake Charles impacted by Hurricane...
Henderson car fire causes traffic delays along I-10 East
Hospitalized high school football player in need of blood donations, family says
Fed-up teachers, parents make their voices heard at Livingston School Board meeting
Coach O speaks with media, says 'most' of team has had coronavirus
LSU's Neil Farrell opting back in for 2020 season
LHSAA moves up start of high school football, teams cleared to start...
LSU AD Scott Woodwards talks Game Day for Tiger Stadium
Former LSU Tiger Tre White emotional over new NFL deal