Pot left unattended on stove causes morning house fire
BATON ROUGE - Crews were called to a house fire in Baton Rouge Wednesday morning.
According to officials, the call came in around 7:35 a.m. for a fire at a house on 72nd Avenue. At the scene, firefighters found the kitchen of the home on fire.
The fire was caused by a pot that was left unattended on the stove. The resident stated he was cooking and fell asleep. He woke up to the fire. Officials say the man was able to escape unharmed.
Crews were able to contain the blaze. The rest of the home received smoke damage.
By 7:51 a.m., the fire was considered under control.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Burglar steals neighbor's surveillance camera, accidentally streams from inside house
Mirror of Grace Outreach to hold Parenting Wisely Gala
Deputies looking for trucker who may be tied to deadly ATV accident
Head of State Troopers Association arrested after firing gun at office during...
No serious damage to Sunshine Bridge after weekend tanker collision
'That's typical LSU;' Tailgating underway ahead of Baton Rouge Super Regional
PREVIEW: Southern breaks down Starkville Regional
LSU softball lands national No. 10 seed
Balancing Football and Track: The story of Kary Vincent Jr.
Sha'Carri Richardson's impressive impact on LSU Track and Field