Plaquemine Police officer accused of attacking, kidnapping wife pleads no contest
PLAQUEMINE - A Plaquemine Police Department officer accused of attacking and kidnapping his estranged wife pleaded no contest to second degree battery and malfeasance in office charges in court Tuesday afternoon.
28-year-old Justin Bush received a suspended sentence of five years of Department of Corrections hard labor, followed by five years of probation to run concurrently.
In January, Plaquemine Police were contacted by Bush’s wife who told them her husband attacked her and then held her against her will. Deputies took Bush into custody the next time he came into work.
Bush, who was on the force for more than five years, was fired from the department immediately after the incident.
Bush’s wife had made allegations of domestic abuse in the past, according to the sheriff’s office. However, the January incident was the first time she provided officers with an official statement and evidence of abuse was discovered.
Follow the author of this post on Twitter: @brocksuesWBRZ
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Hurricane Ian likely to affect Louisiana homeowner's insurance rates
High schools being asked to play some football games on Thursdays due...
DOTD now says I-10 lane closures will last 14 months; previously said...
Overnight closures planned on I-10, I-110 in Baton Rouge this weekend
Officials trying to limit development in BR's flood-prone areas as neighborhoods continue...
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League