Photos of overnight storm and flooding in EBR, parts of Ascension
Lightning strike sparks utility fire
A lightning strike at a home in Central caused the home's water heater to catch on fire Monday night. The incident happened just before 7:30 p.m. at an El Ranchitos Avenue home. The lightning struck a water heater's gas line, which quickly went up in blazes, damaging the heater.
A lightning strike to a home on El Ranchitos Ave. caused a gas line to ignite on a water heater. Crews were able to get fire out before it spread to the home. pic.twitter.com/cO4hHgVQQC— Central Fire Dept. (@CentralFireDept) May 18, 2021
HAPPENING NOW: The St George Fire Department is evacuating everyone from the Siegen Calais apartments off Siegen Lane near Winn Dixie. The complex flooded, with cars and apartments on the first floor taking in water. @WBRZ pic.twitter.com/CFPjCsJdZS— Nadeen Abusada (@NadeenAbusada) May 18, 2021
LSU. ?? pic.twitter.com/LN5Fi5BMWz— Abby Snowden (@abby_snowden) May 18, 2021
One of our producers @_istephanieee_ just sent me this video of her parents back yard in Baton Rouge. Also said Old Perkins, Old Jefferson and Hoo Shoo Too Rd. have high water. @WBRZweather pic.twitter.com/6QLWx9s4AN— Jake Dalton (@Jake_WX) May 18, 2021
3’ deep swimming pool barely above water. Perkins/Anselmo/Madeira in Baton Rouge. 11.39” in the gauge. Almost 9” of that since 8:45pm @DrJoshWX @Jake_WX @marisanuzzowx @MargaretOrr @NWSNewOrleans pic.twitter.com/s10lMAOnQH— Corey Gautreaux (@coreygautreaux) May 18, 2021
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
DOTD focused on bridges ahead of potential for ice
Customers race to hardware stores to beat freezing temperatures
LSU gymnastics has third meet affected in three weeks
Corner store partners with nonprofit, providing healthy food options in food desert
Teen troublemaker escapes juvenile detention center for a third time