Overnight apartment fire under investigation
BATON ROUGE – An overnight fire burned through two apartments at a Gardere-area complex.
A fire started in a first floor apartment at 8155 Skysail and spread to a vacant, second floor unit above. The fire jumped upstairs after burning out of a window, the St. George Fire Department said.
The fire was reported just after three o’clock Saturday morning. It took about twenty minutes to get the blaze under control.
No one was hurt, firefighters reported.
St. George says the cause of the fire was accidental. Two occupants on the first floor have been displaced.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
2 Make A Difference: Glen Oaks High School Security Dads give away...
Friends, strangers gather in prayer as search for missing LSU student continues
La. partnering with feds for mass vaccination center in BR
Toddler critically injured in fire, three others injured
Questions linger as search for missing LSU student continues
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job
Coach O admits to mistakes, takes steps to correct them in the...
Saints QB Jameis Winston gets emotional discussing Drew Brees
Southern football on the road to play Texas Southern
Javonte Smart's impact on the Baton Rouge community