One dead in fire suspected to be caused by space heater
ROSEDALE - A man is dead after a fire broke out at his home in Iberville Parish.
Fire officials say they found multiple space heaters throughout the home on 78755 Rosedale Road where 64-year-old Curtis Trosclair lived. The fire happened around 4:30 p.m. Saturday.
Investigators say they found Trosclair near a bed engulfed in flames with one of multiple space heaters nearby.
Fire officials say the house was completely destroyed and believe the blaze started where the bed was located and was possibly caused by a space heater. An investigation continues for the cause of the fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
A new Era for Muslim women at the Baton Rouge Mosque
Thousands of residents disposed trash at Baton Rouge's hazardous waste collection
Second annual BR Oyster Fest creating opportunities for downtown businesses
BRPD bringing new basketball hoops to local community
Frustrated crowd forms at BRCC as parents reportedly locked out of high...