Occupant escapes early morning house fire on Columbus Dunn Drive
BATON ROUGE - An occupant was forced to evacuate when flames erupted in the back of their Columbus Dunn Drive home.
Baton Rouge firefighters arrived on scene to find a blaze in the rear of the house.
After wrestling with the fire for just under thirty minutes, first responders were able to get the flames under control and ascertain that the fire was the result of an electrical problem.
In an odd twist, though the fire was an electrical one, Entergy reports that there has been neither active gas nor electricity at this address for several years.
The occupant escaped without injury, but flames and smoke left the home with about $8,000 in damages.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Trump, Biden push into crucial first 2020 campaign face-off
As state's unemployment trust fund dries up, lawmakers try to buy more...
Some bar owners hesitant to reopen ahead of potential state approval
Roadwork continues on Hwy 42 for safer, smoother route after over 6...
Suspect in teen's murder was free on bond for another shooting arrest...
Recruiting look at local WR's Chris Hilton and Brian Thomas
Friday Night Blitz: Week 1 09-25-2020
LSU changing the recruiting game with prospect led visits
LSU football returns Saturday with no tailgating, 25% capacity in Death Valley
What you need to know before you geaux to Tiger Stadium