North Sherwood Forest area house fire attributed to unattended blaze in fireplace
BATON ROUGE - First responders with the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to an early morning house fire in the North Sherwood Forest area, Tuesday.
Around 5:45 a.m., fire fighters discovered flames emerging from the chimney of a Glenhaven Drive home. Apparently, the homeowner started a fire in the fireplace the previous evening and by morning the flames were out of control.
Firefighters worked quickly to contain the blaze and prevent it from spreading past the attic.
Though other parts of the home were spared, some areas sustained water damage.
Officials say no one was injured during the incident.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Neighborhood feuding with apartment over trash, want it gone
Officials say progress being made in plan for new Mississippi River bridge,...
Pedestrian in critical condition after being struck by vehicle Monday night
Louisiana COVID-19 special session opens with power debate
Dozens of La. bars, including several in capital area, have licenses pulled...