North 15th Street home destroyed in fire
BATON ROUGE - Unattended cooking caused a fire that destroyed a home on North 15th Street, according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
Investigators said they arrived to find fire coming from the roof of the structure.
The fire began in the kitchen and entered the attic, according to BRFD.
The blaze destroyed the building, causing an estimated $200,000 in damage.
The Red Cross was called in to assist the resident.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
9-year-old from Prairieville stars in the Hallmark Channel's new Christmas movie
Families excited for return of Festival of Lights to Downtown Baton Rouge
As deadline approaches, 1600 kids remain without a sponsor in Salvation Army's...
Jury convicts Melanie Curtin of raping unconscious victim at deputy's home
'Devastsating': Defense attorneys react to Melanie Curtin's conviction
WATCH: New LSU coach Brian Kelly arrives in Baton Rouge
High school coaches give Brian Kelly advice on how to tackle recruiting...
See the contract to get Brian Kelly as the new LSU Football...
Fans share their excitement about new LSU head coach Brian Kelly
New LSU coach Brian Kelly arrives in Baton Rouge