Man thinks he and son poisoned by meth in hotel coffee maker
KEARNEY, Neb. - A Nebraska man believes he and his 2-year-old son were poisoned by a methamphetamine-tainted coffee maker at an Omaha hotel.
Travis and Amber Richard and their children spent Labor Day weekend in Omaha.
He says he used the coffee maker and coffee package in their room on Sept. 6 and began to feel weird within 20 minutes of drinking the coffee.
He says his son also took a sip and got sick on the drive back home to Pleasanton. Both sought medical treatment and are awaiting confirmation from tests.
Omaha police are investigating the incident, but say they doubt the coffee maker was used to make meth. It's unclear whether a trace of the drug was left by someone using the coffee maker to hide meth.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Police investigating string of similar robberies in Garden District area
Department of Wildlife and Fisheries urging boaters to stay safe ahead of...
Woman still searching for answers in mother's mysterious 2008 death
Storage facility's mistake caused disabled man's belongings to be thrown in the...
House struck by stray bullet after gunfire erupted on I-10
Southern baseball wins game one 21-2 over Alcorn
VIDEO: Former Saints and Tiger Devery Henderson talks about the difference between...
New NCAA rules tweak opens door for more SEC dominance
VIDEO: Devery Henderson Talk about Bluegrass Miracle and the Saints "Rebirth game"
VIDEO: Former Tigers and Saints receiver Devery Henderson talks with Corey Rholdon...