Man electrocuted while working on sewer system in Plaquemine Thursday
PLAQUEMINE- A Jack Miller Landing employee is dead after being electrocuted Thursday evening.
Casey Collins and Glen Patrick, the owner of the company, were in the process of installing a pipe for an above-the-ground sewer system. The two men were both doing work from a man-lift machine.
According to Iberville Sheriff's Deputy Ronnie Hebert, Collins maneuvered the joy stick in the wrong direction causing him to make contact with a power line he hadn't noticed. Collins suffered serious burns as a result.
Immediately after the incident, the owner called 911 and paramedics performed CPR on the worker, but Collins was pronounced dead a short while later.
Officials believe he died immediately after making contact with the wire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Denham Springs protest brings community together in peaceful march
Bowling alleys among businesses looking to bounce back in phase 2 of...
Protesters return to Baton Rouge shopping center Tuesday, march across Siegen Lane
Business owners take advantage of PPE marketplace ahead of phase two
Outside jurisdictions bringing cases to Baton Rouge Child Advocacy Center