Louisiana man credits dog with alerting him to house fire
BOUTTE- A Louisiana man credits his dog with saving him from a fire that destroyed their home.
The fire happened Sunday morning in Boutte in southeast Louisiana. Calvin Baldwin tells WVUE television he was asleep on the couch of his home when his little dog, Rusty, started scratching his arm to wake him up.
Baldwin woke up, saw smoke, grabbed Rusty and fled the house.
Baldwin says the dog is a life-saver.
The roof of his home collapsed and everything was charred in the home Baldwin once shared with his late wife.
Baldwin's mother said support from the community has been overwhelming. People have donated clothing and other items to help him recover.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Local businesses kick off the holiday shopping season with Small Business Saturday
Possible tornado sweeps through St. Charles, Jefferson Parishes; nearly 5,500 without power...
Car submerged in canal after driver veered off I-12 near Essen Lane;...
Two hurt in apparent Black Friday gun battle between two vehicles on...
Cruise passenger rescued by helicopter after going overboard off Louisiana coast
Southeastern hosting Idaho in first round of FCS Playoffs Saturday
Fans' Choice Award Winner: U-High's Keylan Moses
Southeastern running back Derrick Graham has a deep passion for rodeo
Southeastern to face Idaho in first round of FCS Playoffs
The Black and Gold Report: New Orleans Saints vs Los Angeles Rams