Lightning strikes home in Livingston Parish, sparks attic blaze
SPRINGFIELD - Lightning in Livingston Parish caused some trouble for a homeowner Wednesday evening.
Firefighters responded to the house on Highway 1037 after a bolt of lightning caused a fire in the attic. Crews were quickly able to put it out.
Damage to the home was minimal. Thankfully, no one was injured.
In a separate incident, a tree fell across Walker N., north of Springfield Road. Sheriff Jason Ard praised the citizens driving by to stop and help clean up the mess.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Denham Springs festival returns
As state pushes for more vaccinations, Tigerland bars host 'shots for shots'...
EBR School Board approves revised academic calendar
Bills to improve Title IX policies move forward with no opposition
EBR School Board to vote on consolidating 2 middle schools