Lawsuit: Louisiana Catholic priest raped boy, 17, in 1979
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - A lawsuit says a Catholic Salesian priest has been accused of raping a teenager in the New Orleans area nearly 40 years ago.
News outlets report the suit filed Wednesday in Orleans Parish Civil District Court does not reveal the man's identity, but says Salvatore "Father Sam" Isgro raped him in Marrero in 1979 when he was 17.
Isgro died in 1990, and was not included in the list Archbishop of New Orleans Gregory Aymond released last month of 57 local clergymen credibly accused of child sex abuse. An archdiocese statement says Isgro was not on the list because the Salesians advised they were uncertain about the identity of the accused.
The man is suing the Salesians of Don Bosco, the archdiocese, Aymond, and other officials from both.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Glen Oaks High School destroyed by flood, prepping for improved fall opening
Mayor announces mask requirement for East Baton Rouge to begin July 3,...
WBRZ will broadcast 4th of July fireworks TV special after virus cancels...
State fire marshal's office ramping up business compliance checks
Baton Rouge will require enforce mask requirement