Lawsuit dropped after man chokes on Popeyes chicken
GULFPORT, Miss - A Mississippi attorney has dropped his lawsuit filed against Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen after he says he choked on a piece of chicken when the fast-food restaurant failed to provide him a knife in the drive-thru.
Paul Newton Jr. of Gulfport tells The Sun Herald he decided not to pursue the matter further citing "extreme comments" directed at his family.
Newton says the only utensil he was given last November at the Gulfport restaurant was a spork. The lawsuit says because Newton didn't receive a plastic knife, his only option was to hold the piece of chicken with his hands and tear off pieces with his teeth, causing him to choke.
The lawsuit says Newton underwent emergency surgery to remove the piece of chicken from his throat.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
State wrestling tournament gives downtown BR a boost in business
FDA approves emergency use of single-shot COVID vaccine from Johnson & Johnson
Local leaders, organizations bring vaccination site to North Baton Rouge
104-year-old celebrates another year
Officials expect fairs, festivals to resume statewide in the near future with...