Latest Weather Blog
Lane shifts, road closures throughout the Capital Area
BATON ROUGE- Lane shifts and closures scheduled throughout the Capital Area for the month of May are listed below.
East Baton Rouge Parish:
- Perkins Rd. (LA 427) will have alternating lane closures between the intersections of Essen Ln. and S. Acadian/Stanford continuing from May 4 to May 15. One lane of travel will be open in all directions at all times.
These closures are for concrete pavement patching and repairing curbs, sidewalks, and driveways.
- The intersection of Government St. and Jefferson Hwy will have alternating lane closures through May 18. One lane will be open in all directions at all times.
These closures are for realigning Jefferson Hwy. with Government St. and concrete pavement patching.
- There will be alternating lane closures as the intersection of Government St./Lobdell Ave./Independence Blvd. from May 4 to May 29. One lane of travel will be open in all directions at all times.
These closures are for concrete pavement patching, asphalt paving, repairing sidewalks and drives, and placing drainage structures.
- Burbank Dr. northbound and southbound between Nicholson Dr. and Gardere Ln. will have lane closures from May 11 through May 15 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. At least one lane will be open in both directions at all times.
These lane closures are for concrete curb installation and retroreflective striping installation.
West Baton Rouge:
- On LA 415 and US 190, there will be alternating lane closures
from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. on weekdays until May 31.
This closure is for patching operations.
- There will be alternating ramp closures until May 14 from LA 414 northbound to US 190 westbound and US 190 eastbound to LA 415 southbound from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily.
These closures are for paving operations.
- Intermittent lane closures will take place on I-12 eastbound and westbound inside lanes in Livingston Parish from LA 43 to LA 63 on the following days:
May 10-May 16 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly
May 17-23 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly
These lane closures are for concrete apron installation for the future cable barrier system.
To avoid this construction zone:
Eastbound I-12 motorists may take LA 447 North to US 190 East to I-55 South back to I-12 East
Westbound I-12 motorists may take I-55 North to US 190 West to LA 447 South back to I-12 West
- Intermittent and alternating lane closures will continue on LA 22 from LA 42 to Yellow Water River Bridge from May 6 through May 15 nightly from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
These closures are for asphalt and embankment work.
- The left northbound lane will be closed at Bayou Manchac Bridge on Airline Hwy one mile north of Perkins Rd. Wednesday, May 13 through Friday, May 15. The lane will be closed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This closure is for clearing and grubbing, lime treatment, pavement patching, milling asphalt concrete, and more.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
2MAD: Baton Rouge Buddy Walk; 101 Women in Business Conference
State lawmaker proposes harsher penalties for ATM thieves after uptick in crime
Business owner says she's facing threats over plans to host drag performance...
Damage caused by city worker will cost nearly $1 million to fix;...
Prairieville resident could face parish lawsuit over fence position