Juvenile taken to hospital after electrical outlet reportedly malfunctioned, set BR home ablaze
BATON ROUGE - A child was taken to a hospital Sunday night after an electrical outlet allegedly sparked a house fire.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department said the blaze was reported shortly after 7 p.m. on Brownlee Street, just off Bawell Street. Firefighters arrived to find two rooms inside the home engulfed in flames.
The fire was contained, though much of the house sustained heavy smoke damage.
Investigators were told the fire started after the juvenile plugged a device into a wall outlet and the outlet "flashed."
Paramedics took the child to a hospital, and the youth's injuries were later confirmed as minor.
Red Cross was called to assist the residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Man allegedly shot & killed girlfriend at Burbank Drive apartment complex near...
Local bars facing shortage of liquor brought on by hurricane, pandemic
Last chance for Ascension residents to sign up for hurricane debris pick-up
Former flight attendant explains how passengers survived fiery plane crash
Councilmember removed from contentious Ascension drainage meeting after shouting at attendees, colleague