"Jade's Flowers" home burns overnight
DENHAM SPRINGS - The home of a young girl who sells arts and crafts to help out her local animal shelter burned overnight, according to firefighters in Denham Springs.
The home of Jade Mitchell was totally lost to the fire, according to her father.
Jade raised money by selling items like flowers made out of duct tape through her Facebook page, and then donated it to the animal shelter. People from across the nation have purchased the projects to help out the shelter.
The family said on her page they're accepting donations to help replace what was lost, including clothes and crafting supplies. More information on what's needed can be found by clicking here.
News 2's Rob Krieger will have more on the situation tonight.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Celebration of Life service to be held for Sadie Roberts-Joseph Monday
Proposed ordinance to regulate sewer treatment plants in unincorporated areas of Livingston...
SU students helped desegregate NASA, worked on Apollo 11
Save Our Cities March and Rally held in honor of Sadie Roberts-Joseph
Deputies looking for burglar who stole service dog in training from Zachary...