Investigators rule massive fire accidental
DENHAM SPRINGS - Fire investigators said they've officially ruled a massive inferno at a medical supply business accidental.
On February 3, the Magnolia Respiratory & Medical Equipment burned to the ground. The building, at 239 Florida Avenue Southeast, ignited into a bright glow as huge, orange flames poured into the sky spawning dark, billowing smoke. The fire closed nearby streets and took hours to put out.
Wednesday, two weeks after the fire, officials said they were confident in their original assumption that the blaze started in the HVAC system in the attic area.
Witnesses reported hearing oxygen tanks explode as the building burned.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Proposed ordinance to regulate sewer treatment plants in unincorporated areas of Livingston...
SU students helped desegregate NASA, worked on Apollo 11
Save Our Cities March and Rally held in honor of Sadie Roberts-Joseph
Deputies looking for burglar who stole service dog in training from Zachary...
Well-known justice of the peace arrested, accused of torturing family for more...