HOT & SPICY: No chicken burned after reported fire at Popeyes
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters were called to a Popeyes restaurant on Highland Road Wednesday afternoon in response to a kitchen fire.
The incident was reported before 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Popeyes located in front of Home Depot on Highland, next to Starbucks.
A neighboring business and other witnesses said smoke was never visible from the outside of the restaurant. Officials told WBRZ the "fire" was actually smoldering wires in the kitchen.
No injuries were reported, and the restaurant never stopped selling chicken during the occurrence.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Tiki Tubing has no plans to reopen in 2022
Good Samaritan who tried to save Baton Rouge teen swept up in...
Ochsner Milk Bank in need of donations amid baby formula shortage
Storage building cleans up after 2 On Your Side report, parish makes...
Nearly 9 months after Hurricane Ida, first responders bracing for new storm...
Southern baseball wins game one 21-2 over Alcorn
VIDEO: Former Saints and Tiger Devery Henderson talks about the difference between...
New NCAA rules tweak opens door for more SEC dominance
VIDEO: Devery Henderson Talk about Bluegrass Miracle and the Saints "Rebirth game"
VIDEO: Former Tigers and Saints receiver Devery Henderson talks with Corey Rholdon...