Holly's Holiday Countdown: Yummy Yam Praline Coffee Cake
BATON ROUGE - If you're in charge of making desert this Christmas, but haven't figured out what you want to make, Holly Clegg has a suggestion for you. This morning on 2une In, she showed John Pastorek how to make her Yummy Yam Praline Coffee Cake.
Makes 16 servings
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed or 1 cup mashed Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes)
1/3 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven 400°F. Coat 9x9x2-square baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
2. In bottom of prepared pan, mix together butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and corn syrup. Spread mixture evenly in pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat together biscuit baking mix, sweet potatoes, and milk until dough forms a ball. Turn dough onto surface heavily dusted with baking mix and roll or pat into 12-inch long rectangle.
4. In small bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture and cranberries evenly over dough. Roll up dough jellyroll style from longer side. Cut crosswise into one-inch pieces and arrange sitting on top of the pecan mixture in pan. Dough will spread when baking.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately run knife around sides and invert onto serving plate, scraping any brown sugar mixture from pan to top cake.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 184 Calories from fat 30% Fat 6g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 4mg Sodium 254mg Carbohydrate 31g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 16g Protein 2g Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Spicy Advice: Don't let this dough intimidate you as it's so easy to work with- can pat out with hands!
Visit Holly Clegg's website more delicious recipes!
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Known blues man to revive father's iconic juke joint
Office of Motor Vehicles closed until Monday as state recovers from cyberattack
Office of Motor Vehicles still closed as state recovers from cyberattack
Ascension Parish Delays Vote on Sewage Contract
One suspect beaten, shot while fleeing botched home invasion in Baton Rouge