Harvey Weinstein released on continued bail
NEW YORK (AP) - A judge has ordered that Harvey Weinstein be released on continued bail while fighting sex charges.
Weinstein pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Monday in Manhattan. He was brought into the Manhattan courtroom while handcuffed from behind, then uncuffed for the proceeding. Lawyer Ben Brafman argued there was no evidence the 66-year-old Weinstein would flee.
An updated indictment alleges the movie mogul-turned-#MeToo villain performed a forcible sex act on a woman in 2006. The new charges include two counts of predatory sexual assault, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison upon conviction. Lawyer Ben Brafman says Weinstein maintains all the allegations are false and he will be vindicated.
A grand jury previously indicted Weinstein on charges involving two women.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Dozens attend vigil for Allie Rice on LSU campus; police hold walk...
Woman's car damaged thanks to gas pump mix-up; insurance company steps up...
Louisiana sends aid to Florida after Hurricane Ian disaster
After questionable decisions from judges, expert says holding them accountable could take...
Fugitive shot to death after search led federal marshals to EBR neighborhood
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League