Funding needed to improve Welsh's water supply
WELSH - Welsh officials plan to seek funding from the state Department of Health and Hospitals to help offset the cost of improving the town's water supply.
The American Press reports the town council this week agreed to begin seeking $900,000 through a loan program with the DHH to replace the town's groundwater tank with two wells.
Town officials say the state has mandated that the town replace the aging storage tank.
Town engineer Bryon Racca says plans for the project call for building a new tank off to the side, decommissioning the old tank and building a second tank where the old one was.
Under financing offered by DHH, the town could receive 20 percent of the project cost from a grant, with the remaining 80 percent in the form of a 20-year loan at 2.45 percent interest.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Growing demand for COVID tests stretching urgent care staff thin
Local events canceled, postponed due to COVID-19 surge
First cases of COVID Lambda variant reported in North Louisiana
Future of residents in filthy group home uncertain after owner dies
Man caught on camera stealing 'toy' from adult store in Livingston Parish
LSU QB Myles Brennan suffered 'severe' injury to his left arm; unclear...
Angelo Izzard leading Southern Lab by example
Full interview with Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle on Texas &...
Sports2-a-Days Preview: Dutchtown Griffins
Southeastern unveils three new logos in latest rebranding effort