Firefighters respond to strip mall fire on Jefferson Hwy
BATON ROGUE - Baton Rouge and St. George Firefighters worked to extinguish a blaze in a Strip Mall on Jefferson Hwy. Sunday morning.
According to BRFD, the fire started around 4:00 a.m. Sunday morning in a strip mall in the 12000 block of Jefferson Hwy.
Firefighters were able to control the blaze by 5:15 a.m., according to BRFD.
Investigators believe the fire started in the business of "Tax Free Entertainment", according to fire officials. Most of the fire damage was in the attic area, BRFD said.
The building is comprised of many different merchants, including a beauty salon and pet grooming shop, according to BRFD.
The total estimated building loss is $300,000.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Family of 1979 murder victims anxiously awaiting parole hearing for convicted killer...
School supply giveaway in Baton Rouge runs out of materials within an...
Bond hearing for mother blamed in toddler's overdose death set for Monday...
Two children, one of them just 4 years old, hurt in triple...
Dangerous late-night car stunts once again under investigation in Baton Rouge; videos...
Catholic's Shelton Sampson commits to LSU
LSU Tigers hold 1st Fall football practice under Brian Kelly
Saints WR Michael Thomas activated from PUP list, practices on Wednesday
Sculptor on making Pete Maravich Statue
Former Southern safety Danny Johnson looking to make his mark in year...