Firefighters called to Tchew's Smokehouse in Prairieville Saturday
PRAIRIEVILLE - Tchew's Smokehouse itself was smoking late Saturday night, but firefighters were able to respond quickly and save the restaurant.
According to the restaurant's owner, an out-of-control smoker is to blame. There were no injuries and Prarieville Fire Department was on the scene within 10 minutes, keeping the building from taking any damage.
Tchew's is open for business as usual today.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Tiny Tiger fan Maya Whitfield's home gymnastics routine
2021 Baton Rouge Blues Festival rescheduled for September
Governor John Bel Edwards gives updates on the state's response to COVID-19
Iberville schools pushing for on-campus vaccinations
Governor responds as thousands continue waiting for unemployment benefits