Fire destroys duplex on Tecumseh Street
BATON ROUGE – Firefighters responded to a duplex fire in the 2100 block Tecumseh Street on Tuesday.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, firefighters arrived to the scene to find the rear duplex unit engulfed in flames. The front unit received heavy smoke damage. The rear unit is considered a total loss.
The residents of the duplex were not at the location at the time of the fire. The homeowner later arrived after the fire was extinguished.
The cause of the fire was due to a space heater placed too close to a bed and left unattended.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Big rig trouble: Over a dozen semi trucks robbed of parts in...
Planning Commission denies proposal to designate Beauregard Town as historic district
Major drainage project underway in Central
Woman says secret camera was hidden in bathroom for years, disguised as...
Governor calls recent tragedies at DCFS 'real failure'
WATCH: LSU QB Garrett Nussmeier talks to media about fall camp
WATCH: LSU QB Jayden Daniels talks fall camp
LSU QB Myles Brennan quitting football, not at practice Monday morning
Sports2's 1-on-1 with 5 star LSU commit Shelton Sampson
WATCH: 1-on-1 with recent LSU commit QB Rickie Collins