Fire Dept. subdues blaze caused by electrical short
BATON ROUGE - Early Wednesday morning, occupants of a Chippewa Street area home stood outside and watched as the Baton Rouge Fire Department put out a blaze that was started by an electrical short.
The electrical short was traced back to the home's attic.
When firefighters got to the house on Dalton Street, which runs parallel to Chippewa, they found smoke coming from the home and flames in the attic.
Though the fire took only about 15 minutes to contain, the house was left with smoke damage and a loss estimated at about $20,000.
The blaze did not result in any injuries.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Local business owners hope for increase in sales on Small Business Saturday
As cases increase healthcare workers see more people getting tested due to...
Schools face harsh penalties if new COVID-19 restrictions aren't followed
Shooting in Baker leaves two injured, says police
Prosecutors fire back after corrections officer claims she was raped by inmate
Port Allen advances to 2nd round after huge win over Pine
U High has no problems with Evangel Christian in first round
Belaire making 1st playoff appearance in 17 years Friday
Southeastern women blow out Alcorn State on opening day of college basketball...
Can Taysom Hill continue his success for the Saints?; Fantasy Focus with...