Early morning fire destroys apartment complex on Manchester Avenue
BATON ROUGE – An apartment complex on Manchester Avenue is now considered a complete loss after an early morning fire.
Residents woke up to the smell of smoke in an apartment building in the 15000 block of Manchester Avenue. Residents found the fire burning in the kitchen and once the St. George Fire Department arrived, the fire had engulfed the entire first floor and began to extend to the second floor. The fire was first reported around 12:13 a.m. and was brought under control around 12:42 a.m.
One firefighter was evaluated and treated on the scene by EMS for heat related injuries.
The St. George Fire Department was assisted by the Eastside Fire Department, EMS and the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office.
According to the fire department, the building is considered a total loss and the cost of damage is estimated at $125,000.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Residents near the state capitol are concerned ahead of upcoming demonstrations
Baker opens up drive-thru style vaccine clinic for eligible seniors
More unemployment complaints fill On Your Side inbox; La. reports thousands more...
Southeastern Lions hit the "spring" practice field
Newly-selected EBR superintendent already visiting campuses, preparing for job