Duplex near downtown catches fires overnight
BATON ROUGE - Emergency crews responded to a duplex fire in the 2000 block of N. 17th Street just before midnight Wednesday night.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire was accidental and no injuries were reported.
The house did receive heavy fire and smoke damage, but the blaze was under control in within the hour.
Red Cross is assisting the victims.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Video of brawl after Scotlandville football game sparks two investigations
Rejoice! Days ahead of schedule, drivers seen using both sides of Sunshine...
Cointment prepares to take over as new Ascension Parish president
MARIJUANA JOB FAIR
Locations for new Mississippi River Bridge expected to be narrowed in early...