Dryer malfunction sparks house fire on Fuqua Street
BATON ROUGE - A house fire on Fuqua Street was caused by a malfunction in the clothes dryer inside the home, according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
The fire sparked just before 9:15 p.m. Monday night in the 2600 block of Fuqua Street. One person was inside the home when the fire started.
Firefighters were able to control the fire in about 10 minutes.
The fire was caused by a malfunction in the clothes dyer, and damage was contained to the rear of the home, according to BRFD.
The rest of the home received heavy smoke damage. No injuries were reported.
Red Cross was notified to assist the resident of the home.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Staff reports filed in DCFS job satisfaction survey cite 'unrealistic expectations' among...
Two teens shot in neighborhood off North Ardenwood Drive Sunday afternoon
6 suspects, including at least 3 juveniles, led police chase through Central...
Burglars crashed U-Haul truck into grocery store and broke water line, stole...
WATCH: Burglar backs U-Haul truck into Baton Rouge grocery store, crashing into...