DOTD establishes temporary bus service to Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE – Residents who lost their car after this week’s historic flooding will have a new option to travel to Baton Rouge.
In a statement Saturday, DOTD Secretary Shawn D. Wilson said his department has reached a deal with Hotard to establish a temporary regional transit service.
Wilson said he made the decision to establish the service to help residents who lost their vehicles due to high flooding.
“DOTD is compelled to expand the scope of our public service in communities across the area by establishing this regional transit service,” Wilson said. “We are committed to helping our impacted neighbors get back to a regular routine by offering this important service to and from Baton Rouge.”
The transitional bus service will run from Downtown Baton Rouge to Gonzales, Walker, Denham Springs, Central and Geismar.
DOTD reports that the initial contract through Hotard will run for one week but can be extended if necessary.
ALL ROUTES: MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
Morning pick up
- Gonzales: Tanger Outlet Mall (I-10 at LA 30), Tanger Boulevard, Gonzales, 70737. Leave 6:00 a.m.
- Walker: Winn Dixie 28145 Walker South Road, Walker, 70785. Leave 6:00 a.m.
- Denham Springs: Walgreens, (corner of Range and Florida) 101 Florida Avenue SE, Denham Springs, 70726.Leave at 6:30 a.m.
- Central: Central City Hall, 13421 Hooper Road, Central, 70818. Leave at 6:30 a.m.
- Geismar: Dutchtown Crossing, 13375 LA 73, Geismar, 70734. Leave at 6:30 a.m.
All buses are scheduled to arrive downtown at 7:15 a.m. and the CATS terminal at 7:30 a.m.
Morning drop off
- Downtown Baton Rouge: (1) corner of Main Street and 4th Street and (2) corner of 4th Street and Florida Street
- CATS Transfer Terminal: – corner of Florida Street with 22nd Street
Afternoon pick up
- CATS Terminal: Leave at 5:15 p.m.
- Downtown: Leave at 5:30 p.m.
Afternoon drop off
Back to points of origin
For more information about the bus service, contact Hotard representatives at 504-94-5725.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Consumers prepare for Black Friday shopping differently this year
Christmas tree farms experience increase in business amid pandemic
Restaurants stay busy as families choose the to-go route for Thanksgiving meal
Family grateful for baby's miraculous recovery after mother died from Covid19
Firefighters demonstrate dangers of deep-frying a turkey for Thanksgiving feast
Belaire making 1st playoff appearance in 17 years Friday
Southeastern women blow out Alcorn State on opening day of college basketball...
Can Taysom Hill continue his success for the Saints?; Fantasy Focus with...
Catholic freshman Daniel Beale has been thrown into super stardom thanks to...
Can Jameis Winston lead this Saints offense?; Fantasy Focus Week 11 with...