Dog killed in Central house fire; family displaced
CENTRAL - Firefighters responded to a house fire in Central Sunday after someone driving by noticed smoke coming from the roof.
According to the Central Fire Department, that early notice, and quick action by firefighters, kept the blaze from completely destroying the home.
The fire was reported around noon in the 9800 block of Joor Road. While firefighters were able to contain the fire to the roof, it caused significant heat and smoke damage throughout the home.
No people were injured as a result of the fire. However, a small dog did not survive, according to Central FD.
Red Cross was called to assist the displaced family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Staffing shortage could affect LSU post-game contraflow plans
Teens allegedly attacked guards with shank while escaping juvenile jail; one still...
News 2 Geaux: New charges for Matthew Mire
News 2 Geaux: Teens escape BR detention center overnight
Two shot, injured on Southern University campus early Friday morning
Fans' Choice Player of the week 6: Central's Glen Cage
Tiger fans frustrated with Coach O after loss in Lexington
Dutchtown running back Dylan Sampson breaks Eddie Lacy's career rushing record
Tackling woes, issues with defense continue to plague LSU in loss to...
LSU loses big to Kentucky, what's next for Tiger football