Cyberstalking charges filed against Kenner man dismissed
BATON ROUGE - Cyberstalking charges filed against a Kenner man in December of 2015 were dismissed in a Baton Rouge court late last month.
Court documents indicate the temporary restraining order filed in connection with the incident against 24-year-old Andrew Boughrara was dismissed on Jan. 20.
The charges were filed after a Baton Rouge woman told police Boughrara was harassing her via social media and phone calls. A warrant for his arrest was issued after the claimant and Baton Rouge Police made a recorded phone call to Boughrara. When asked for comment on his case’s dismissal, Boughara said the following:
"Never trust someone from a dating site. Be careful to keep a record of all text messages and phone calls, as you will have the burden of proving your innocence if my case has been any indication. If a detective calls you, hire a lawyer and meet with him to answer any questions, or else a warrant can be issued for your arrest even if you have done nothing wrong."