Crews called after oyster grill catches fire at local restaurant
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters were called to an area restaurant Tuesday evening after the oyster grill caught fire.
According to St. George Fire, crews were dispatched to Jones Creek Cafe on Market Street around 7:30 p.m. in regards to a reported commercial fire. Officials say firefighters arrived to find a flare-up on the oyster grill had resulted in a small blaze in the vent hood ducting.
St. George says the restaurant staff was able to put out the fire with an extinguisher prior to their arrival.
Luckily, the fire did not spread. No injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Formal charges pending for pastor who violated statewide ban against large gatherings
Bonnet Carre Spillway may open for record 3rd consecutive year
Central pastor issued court summons for violating ban on large crowds
Gov. John Bel Edwards 'personally startled' by Tuesday COVID-19 case increase
Unemployment benefits expanded to more people