Conway says Trump expanding Cabinet search
WASHINGTON - Kellyanne Conway is saying that President-elect Donald Trump is expanding his secretary of state search beyond the four finalists announced last week.
Conway told reporters in the lobby of Trump Tower on Sunday that Trump would have "additional interviews" this week but she did not identify the new candidates.
Conway, who was Trump's campaign manager, said that all the candidates "need to understand" that they must "be loyal" to the president-elect's view of the world.
Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman is one candidate who might be considered, according to someone close to the transition process who was not permitted to speak publicly about the process.
The previously identified finalists are Mitt Romney, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former CIA director David Petraeus and Tennessee Republican Sen. Bob Corker.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Walmart teams up with Baton Rouge city-parish leaders to increase vaccine access...
I-10 widening in BR gets federal approval, expected to begin construction in...
Murdered mother's 3 small children caught in middle of custody battle
Truancy a growing concern during pandemic, could put juveniles on dangerous path
State claims man still owes hundreds due to error in tax form