Chipotle makes new push to convince people its food is safe
NEW YORK - Chipotle is making another push to convince people that its food won't make them sick, with plans to run more newspaper and digital ads outlining the safety steps it has taken since last year's E. coli outbreak.
The ads that begin Wednesday will be an open letter from co-CEO Steve Ells, who also recorded a video that will be promoted online. The move underscores the Denver-based burrito company's struggle to rebound from the series of food scares and extinguish people's worries.
Mark Crumpacker, who heads Chipotle's marketing, says some people still aren't "entirely sure." He says it'll be even more challenging to win back people who know the food is safe, but started going elsewhere.
In the April-to-June quarter, sales were still down 24 percent at established locations.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
CATS board votes to oust former CEO amid Investigative Unit reports
Kirby Smith demolition on track to be complete by end of summer
Package delivery location frustrates homeowner, boxes damaged or stolen
Legislators find no clear answer after discussion on new regulations for voting...
Police: Woman crashed truck through auto repair shop, struck husband in freak...