Chef of the Month: Bistro Byronz's Shrimp and Grits
BATON ROUGE- Bistro Byronz in Baton Rouge has been showing us how to create all types of delicious dishes during April's Chef of the Month segment. This morning, Chef John Lundin stopped by 2une In yet again and showed us how to make some delicious shrimp and grits.
1 oz. unsalted butter
¼ cup flour
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon peeled garlic
½ cup Abita Amber
1 teaspoon salt and pepper mix
1 cup water
1 teaspoon blackening seasoning
½ tablespoon crab boil
1.5 lbs. shrimp
1. Combine beer, water, lemon juice, crab boil, and salt and pepper
2. Put flour in a mixing bowl and whisk in mixture
3. Mix shrimp with blackening seasoning
4. In a saucepot over medium/high heat, add butter, garlic, and sauté
5. Add seasoned shrimp to butter and garlic and cook to 25%
6. Add BBQ mixture to saucepot
7. Bring to boil- reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes
8. Store in chub bags and cool in ice bath to 40 degrees.
9. Serve over your favorite grits recipe.
2une In next Wednesday for another delicious recipe from Bistro Byronz.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Max Gruver's parents react after Matthew Naquin found guilty of negligent homicide
Portion of South Flannery Road closed for bridge repairs
Building material theft caught on camera during Tropical Storm Barry
Matthew Naquin released from prison before sentencing
Baton Rouge school desegregation leader Robert Williams has died