Burger King manager: Police erased video of Chicago shooting
CHICAGO - A Burger King manager who accuses Chicago police of erasing surveillance video in the case of a black teenager shot last year by a white officer says he has testified before a federal grand jury investigating the shooting.
Jay Darshane tells the Chicago Tribune that the FBI also took the restaurant video recorder containing all of its surveillance images.
Federal prosecutors said this week that their investigation is continuing, but would not comment further.
Under a judge's order, the city released police squad car video showing the shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. Cook County prosecutors also announced this week that the officer has been charged with first-degree murder.
The police chief and the Cook County state's attorney both say no one tampered with the Burger King video.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Anticipation grows as residents prepare for Spanish Town Parade
Krewe of Southdowns returns to the Roaring 20s
Sheriff's office investigating incident between students inside school restroom
Louisiana NAACP demands immediate resignation of judge over racist messages following WBRZ...
Friday's Health Report