Authorities say fire at vacant apartment deemed arson
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters battled a fire at an apartment on North Ardenwood Drive Wednesday.
The fire began after 9 p.m. in the 1200 block of North Ardenwood Drive. Officials said the fire was vacant.
The cause of the fire was ruled arson. Firefighters arrived to find two units of the ten unit building on fire.
Authorities say the apartments were not occupied and had no electricity.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Funeral service held in Lafayette for former Gov. Kathleen Blanco
Local customers may be affected as AT&T employees go on strike
Drainage crews prepare for potential weekend downpour
Man who claimed God told him to cause deadly crash being sent...
Algae continues to take over LSU lakes, fish ordered